I can see many uses for it: ornament, pincushion, cushion, ornament, "pendurico", etc.
You can customize the size you want by enlarging/reducing the template.
Free pattern: The pattern was originally published in a Japanese book (don't know which) but I found it HERE (Japanese Folded Owl).
TUTORIAL - How To Make:
1. Enlarge or shrink the template according to the size you want the owl.
(Template A is the body of the owl and Template B is the belly.)
|(click on the picture to enlarge)|
3. Lay Template B (belly) over Template A (body), right sides facing each other, and sew the side of the smaller piece.
4. Fold the big triangle, pin and sew the other side of the small triangle all the way up to the top of Template A (big triangle).
5. Turn the owl inside out.
6. Put a pin at the top of the belly - just above the small triangle. Then stuff it well.
The more you stuff the cuter the owl will come out!
NOTE: Stuffing should not fill the area delimited by the pin – that is the owl’s beak and will be folded over the belly.
8. Pull thread to close the owl. Tie firmly in a knot.
(You can also add a beak made of a triangle of yellow or orange felt or embroider a beak.)