July 26, 2010

Xana Cowl

NEW CHALLENGE!
I'll be testing Karigan's pattern for XANA COWL from Ravelry (Free Pattern Testers Group).
It is a double knitting project.
Pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/xara-cowl---kragen

(finished cowl - side B)

YARN: Pingouin Bambino (red, grey, brown)
CIRCULAR NEEDLE: #5 / 3.75 mm


It is going to be a challenge for me since it’s the first time I try double knitting! (I’ve always wondered how it was done)

JULY 25, 2010 - growing veeeeeeery slow. (Still have to get the hang of working with 2 yarns and not get them entangled!)

starting chart B

JULY 30, 2010 - finished Chart B. (I think Chart C will go faster)

finished chart B

AUG 9, 2010 - finished Chart C. The pattern is coming out really nice, but it’s a bit tiresome ‘cause every stitch has to be double knitted.

finished chart C

AUG 16, 2010 - Done! Finished cowl.

Dimensions:
width: 30 cm / 22.5 cm
height: 25 cm

side B
side A

No comments:

Post a Comment